Dates6-8 December 2021
Application DeadlineNovember 22nd 2021
Course LeaderGemma Nicholson
This new online course in partnership with NFTS will be delivered over the period of three full days where students will be equipped with the fundamentals in order to follow fruitful careers as Post Production Supervisors.
Post Production – a significant and complicated process of filmmaking – requires theoretical knowledge, practical expertise in addition to excellent people management skills.
The course will be delivered by Post Production Supervisor Gemma Nicholson who has over 20 years experience in the industry and has worked across all levels of budget and in both Film & TV. Gemma is the founder of PostSuper; a business which provides Training, Community, Information and Tools for the Post Production Management community.
Gemma will offer insight into this challenging stage covering areas of scheduling, picture & sound workflow, how to plan for success in Post Production and how this role fits into the world of Film & HETV.
The course will include a detailed presentation of the Post Production Supervisor role and a thorough analysis of the different areas that are central in post management.
Key topics will include:
- Breakdown of what a Post Production Supervisor is responsible for and how this role fits into the world of Film & HETV
- Fixing it in prep… how to plan for success in Post production
- Setting up a Post Production office
- Script breakdown for Post Production
- Post Production Scheduling (inc typical templates for Scheduling)
- Post Production Budgeting (inc typical templates for Budget)
- Picture & Sound Workflow
- Breakdown of Delivery Requirements lists
- Post Film crew & their roles & departments
- Working with the Post Production Accountant
- A how-to guide for ADR – Scheduling, budgeting etc
- Breakdown of Post Production Paperwork, inc Clearances and legal paperwork
- Credits & End Roller creation
- Delivery & QC
Applicants should have some previous production experience in addition to basic knowledge of the technical workflows. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential in order to succeed in the demanding role of the Post Production Supervisor.
They would also need to have a good command of the English language, as the course will be delivered in English.
How to apply
In addition to completing an online application form. In the application form, applicants will elaborate on their professional background, education and experience and also explain what their goals are and why they are applying for the course.
Application deadline: 22 November 2021
All participants will receive a full scholarship.